I’m the cooliest kid in school.
The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1. #Trayvon
- He was passionate about aviation. #Trayvon
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis. #Trayvon
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. #Trayvon
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it. #Trayvon
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment. #Trayvon
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad. #Trayvon
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile. #Trayvon
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster. #Trayvon
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice. #Trayvon
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie. #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.” #Trayvon
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. #Trayvon
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart. #Trayvon
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest. #Trayvon
- I feel like this stuff is important. #Trayvon
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
I will never forget Trayvon. Never.
A few of the many characters voiced by Cree Summer.
I love that any time you hear that awesome, kind of raspy but in a good way, voice, you know it’s gonna be good :)
Always loved Cree Summer. Talented VA who climbed from the bottom to get to where she is now.
for whatever reason i never noticed that dorian fell in the ‘enemy of thedas’ trailer. and now that i have noticed i can’t stop laughing
Some nights I feel this tugging in my chest
This overwhelming feeling
That if I scratched down to the marrow
I’d find stardust in my blood
And my bones would be all aglow
Golden and beautiful like that far away tower
The sight of which made me dance in the rain
And laugh like I never have laughed again
But no one knows better than I do that stardust isn’t in people’s blood
It’s in their eyes.
Oh, it’s in their voices, too,
In the bubbling laughter that spills from their lips
In the curve of their smiles, in the gestures of their hands while they speak
But mostly you see it in their eyes.
They sparkle just so with every trick of the light
Make the most despicable person beautiful
Make the most beautiful person celestial
Make the most celestial person despicable
I only wish I could find it once more in mine
For it’s been such a very dull grayish long time.